A Writer for Mekanic is responsible for writing a variety of material, both short and long form, for agency clients and Mekanic.
This position will work with Mekanic strategists and use brand strategy direction, research findings, and their established knowledge of a client’s value and core brand messaging to author client resource documents and provide copywriting for their marketing collateral, websites, and social media channels.
The Writer’s primary responsibility is content development, but this position will also contribute to market research efforts by conducting stakeholder interviews and competitor analyses. The Writer is also responsible for producing content for Mekanic including web copy, blog posts, white papers, presentations, and campaigns.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews (in person and by phone) and generate organized findings.
- Conduct online research to author Competitor Analyses.
- Using a client’s Core Brand Messaging Framework as a guide, create content for client communication channels and marketing collateral such as website copy, social media content, and copywriting for print and digital pieces.
- Using the discovery findings and brand strategy, author client resource documents such as Executive Findings Frameworks, Brand Insights & Recommendations Reports, and Communications Frameworks—both in report and presentation slide formats.
- Create content for Mekanic website, digital channels, and creative campaigns.
- Proofread client deliverables, content for Mekanic website and social channels, and other content as necessary.
- Ability to conduct market research to inform writing
- Demonstrated ability for research writing and marketing writing
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment across disciplines
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple complex assignments
- The flexibility to meet shifting client needs, priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational and people leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a problem-solving mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly and supportive attitude)
- Motivation to create award-winning brand systems
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Apple and PC products, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
- Professional demeanor and strong client relationship management experience
- Knowledge of marketing and communication techniques and practices
- Experience following AP Style
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk around office.
- Job requires office work
- Job may require travel
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of research writing and copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree required